Google Meet Local Number Support
Did you know you can dial into a Google Meet from a phone number and directly on your phone without internet access?
When you create a video meeting with Google Meet, dial-in numbers are available and allow using a phone to call in to video meetings.
Google has recently rolled out support for international numbers in more than 40 countries, including Kenya.
To dial into a meeting from your phone:
- Choose an option:
- If you’re in the meeting, click More Use a phone for audio.
- From meet.google.com, select the meeting Join Use a phone for audio. If you’re in a different domain than the meeting owner, someone in the meeting might need to approve you.
- Click Dial in.
- Select your country for a local dial-in number, if available.
- Dial the number.
- When prompted, enter the PIN #.
If you are not in the meeting:
- have the meeting organizer send you the Join by phone details.
- Dial the number as you would any other number (remember to include the country code) and enter the PIN when prompted.
- You will then be dialed into the call. If you’re in a different domain than the meeting owner, someone in the meeting might need to approve you.
- Once the meeting is finished or if you wish to leave, hang up to end the call on your end as you would any other phone call!
NOTE: A phone number can be added to video meetings only if an administrator has turned on the dial-in feature. Regular call charges apply.
Ready to take your meetings to the next level? Drop us a line here!